J.H. Steward is now JHS Eyewear
168 YEARS of J.H. Steward
James Henry Steward established J H Steward Ltd in 1852. With his first opticians practice located on The Strand, he gained a reputation as a skilled manufacturer of optical, scientific, and nautical instruments.Steward quickly became the primary optician to the Government, the National Rifle Association, and the National Artillery Association. The business remained in the family until 1972 when the founder’s great grandson finally decided to pass on the mantle.
A long-standing employee approached his niece, Elizabeth Goldsmith and her husband Simon, who then took over both the business and a century-old commitment to helping shooters reach their full potential.
J.H. STEWARD (BISLEY) RENAMED
Today we continue to attend National Rifle Association meetings and hold a permanent trading location with eye testing facilities at Bisley Shooting Ground, Brookwood (home to the NRA). See our calendar of shooting meets here. J.H. Steward (Bisley) Ltd is now serves shooters from around the world under the new name of JHS Eyewear.